Become a GROW Educare Centre
Your partner in ECD success
If you own and run an ECD Centre in an under-resourced community, we understand how difficult it can be. ECD Centres are under pressure to get registered, to employ qualified and passionate teachers, and to provide safe and stimulating environments, but it’s not easy to do all these things, and more, while also making a living.
GROW Educare Centres partners with women who have a heart for children and a head for business to develop and support them to run a better equipped and more successful ECD centres. Our model is built on the principles of social-franchising, where we offer a recipe for success to ensure you can operate a professional 5 star ECD centre.
Criteria (minimum requirements)
- You must be a SA citizens or permanent resident
- Run an existing ECD Centre in Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg
- Own (and have the Title Deeds) or formal rental agreements of the ECD centre
- Have an ECD level 4 or higher qualification
- Operate from a formal structure (no shacks)
This opportunity is ideal for someone who:
- Wants to run a high-quality ECD centre
- Has a passion for children and ECD
- Has a business mindset and wants to see her centre succeed
- Takes full ownership of her ECD centre’s long-term success
- Is open-minded and willing to learn
- Is hands-on and actively involved in her centre every day
- Is committed to building a relationship with GROW as her partner
- Likes a structured environment and is comfortable following policies, guidelines and procedures.
The Process: How to become a 5 Star GROW Franchisee
1. Apply for your existing pre-school to become a GROW Educare ECD Centre (apply online here)
2. Go through the shortlisting and selection process.
3. Understand all the aspects and commitments of becoming a franchisee. Understand the full and ongoing support package that GROW will give to you.
4. Sign up as a franchisee to join the community.
5. Receive training for every teacher and as the business owner.
6. See your centre being transformed, inside and out.
7. Implement your comprehensive recipe for success.
8. GROW your centre’s success to 5 Star level in partnership with us.
Good to know:
- Each school principal remains the independent owner of her business, operating under the GROW Educare Centres brand.
- We provide you with a financial support package which includes an initial investment into your business’s transformation plus a tailor-made financing structure.
- We provide a comprehensive, all-in-one recipe for success plus all the tools and equipment you need.