GROW with Us Academy and ECD Teacher Internship at GROW Educare Centres
GROW Educare Centres is a non-profit company that runs a chain of early learning centres in developing communities across South Africa, each independently owned and managed. We started the GROW with Us Academy specifically to develop ECD teachers, equipping them to provide professional education that sets a new standard for early learning.
ECD Teacher internships in partnership with YES Youth Employment Service in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg.
The GROW with Us Academy is a holistic personal and professional development programme in partnership with YES (Youth Employment Service) aimed at unemployed, level 4 qualified ECD teachers.
The Academy includes
- weekly professional development and training of the ECD educator,
- valuable work experience at a GROW educare centre and mentorship,
- all while earning a stipend through the South African government.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who is recently qualified in ECD, self-motivated but unemployed, and who wants to become the best possible early learning educator. Young, inexperienced ECD teachers need a mentor and coach (ideally an ECD expert) plus professional work experience at a high-quality ECD centre to kick start their career. That’s what we offer for a few lucky (and worthy) candidates.
Only 45 positions are available for 2020 across Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg.
GROW Educare Centres offers a comprehensive ECD early learning teacher intern programme for the entire year that will stimulate you, develop you professionally and give you the work experience you need.
Internship programme duration:
- 12 Month programme (Jan – Dec 2021)
Who is this for? You must be:
- a South African citizen
- between 18 -30 yrs old
- have a minimum NQF Level 4 ECD/Educare qualification (no other qualification applies)
- serious about becoming the best ECD teacher in the country.
- able to travel to the GROW Educare Centres office in Thornton (Cape Town), Midrand (Johannesburg), or Bulwer (Durban) for training once a week.
- full-time committed to the internship and training (no other work or studies during office hours).
- willing and able to work at any GROW Educare Centre that we allocate to you.
Who this is NOT for? Someone who is:
- is not qualified NQF Level 4 in ECD or Educare
- is not sure if they want to work in ECD or Educare Centres
- is studying or working part-time in 2020
- is unable to ensure reliable transport to the training and centre locations
- does not take full responsibility for their life and work performance
What GROW Educare Centres offers the Intern:
• Weekly in-house training
• Workplace experience in a GROW Educare Centre
• Mentoring by experienced GROW Education Mentors
• Personal and professional development
• Payment: Interns will receive a monthly stipend (includes travel expenses)
- Apply for the internship online (click on your region below)
- Send your CV, ID document and Qualifications via email (to the email address provided in the application form)
- Attend the Open Day (shortlisted applicants only)
- Interviews (shortlisted applicants only)
- Start working and training on 18 January 2021
Closing date for applications:
Friday 18 September 2020