Our vision is to be the largest chain of 5 STAR Early Childhood Development Centres serving disadvantaged communities in South Africa. To achieve this vision, we use a social franchise model to empower qualified, passionate women to run excellent, affordable and sustainable ECD centres that offer high quality early learning services.
We are looking for a dynamic team player with excellent mentoring skills to work full time at our Cape Town branch. Your role will be to provide Early Childhood Development support, guidance and feedback to our Franchisees and their Practitioners. The role also includes developing practitioners competence to ensure the achievement of high quality early learning services through the effective implementation of the GROW learning programme.
- Plan and conduct mentoring site visits in centres
- Ensure all centres are implementing the GROW learning programme and daily program
- Ensure appropriate classroom layout and health and safety standards are maintained
- Develop the centres towards best practice including making demonstrations
- Facilitate training of Practitioners and Interns
- Reporting and administration
- Guide and oversee Practitioner evaluations, the learner observations process, child development progress report process and inventory check process
- Conduct the implementation of new centres to ensure appropriate classroom layout and doing upfront inventory checks with the rest of the team
- Observe and guide Interns in the designated centres and conduct quarterly mentoring sessions with Interns
- Co-ordinate the feedback by Principals of Interns in the centres to the Regional Education Manager
Requirements and Competencies:
- A Diploma in Education or Early Childhood Development Sector ( Minimum NQF level 5)
- At least 5 years’ experience within an ECD centre or ECD support work field
- Experience and knowledge of early childhood development programmes
- Experience in facilitating training
- Xhosa, Afrikaans and English speaking
- Strong development and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Initiative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Is knowledgeable about the positive based approach to development
- Possesses a strong excitement and passion for working with children and their Practitioners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and comfortable with technology
The successful applicant must be open to learning and change, be passionate about our cause, value diversity and the reinforcing of others’ self-worth.
Remuneration: R 9000 per month
Start Date: January 2020; please note this is a one year fixed term contract to be reviewed based on available funding.
Please forward your 2 page CV with a short covering note to email@example.com
Closing Date: 20 October 2019